Cabbage Slaw Ingredients:
- 1/4 head of cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 cup Salsa Verde
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds pork Carnitas (15006)
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, cleaned and chopped
- Salt (to taste)
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija Mexican farmer's cheese, or some grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Crema fresca, crema Mexican
- Chopped cilantro leaves for garnish
- Make the Cabbage Slaw:
- Place thinly sliced cabbage in a medium sized bowl.
- Sprinkle with seasoned rice vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss.
- Let sit for 10 minutes for the cabbage to absorb some of the dressing
- Make the filling:
- Combine salsa verde, chopped onion, chicken stock, and oregano in a large, thick-bottomed pot, and heat on high heat.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes on medium heat, then turn off heat and add 15006 pork carnitas.
- Stir in chopped cilantro. Season with salt.
- Construct Tacos:
- Warm corn tortillas, Fill tortilla with 3 oz filling, top with diced avocado, crumbed Cotija or grated Monterey jack cheese, crema fresca, and seasoned cabbage slaw, garnish with cilantro.