- Pre heat oven to 350 F.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- While potatoes are baking make the BBQ sauce by combining remaining ingredients, except green onions and pork, in a medium sauce pan.
- Heat sauce over medium heat, stirring occasionally so sugar doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan and burn, until it comes to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place pork in a small saucepan and add enough BBQ sauce to coat pork well. Heat over low heat until pork is hot.
- Cool and refrigerate leftover sauce for future use. It will keep for a week.
- Slit each potato and spread open. Top with the BBQ pork and green onions.
- Optional-serve topped with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese